Our challenge was to market Montauk’s vacation attributes and website to high quality leads. We had to work within the client’s budget, focusing on specific online and offline media that appeal to the travel destination’s demographic. At the same time, we had to refocus the brand’s image with display advertising, a more effective, although more cost-prohibitive way, to market a travel destination.
- We reached specific audiences across multiple on- and off-line channels utilizing geo-targeting, attribute-specific creative and content in a mix of display and text formats.
- An integrated mix of resources allocated over 12 months allowed the brand to use its budget wisely.
- Paid Display
- Pay-Per-Click Search
- Cable Television
- Print Magazine & Newspaper
- Social Media
- Public Relations
The Creative & Content
- Montauk Moment
- Memories Made Here
- Visitors to the website increased 37% from one year to another.
- Click-through Rates (CTR) for online banner ads astounded! 18%-37%, beating the industry average of 1%!* CTR on E-Blast newsletter banner ads hits it out-of the-ballpark at 56% compared to the channel’s own average of 2%. And Open rate is 47% compared to 21.2%! **
- What did these results mean? That we nailed the most targeted channels and most visually appealing ad campaign for quality lead generation.
- In a short, 30 day test of PPC at the lowest budget allowable, top Search positions of 1.8 to 2.2 were achieved at 1.33% CTR (average is 1-2%), a CPC of $1.29 for 761 visitors to website.
- The Integrated Campaign delivered 70% of website visitors from their input of a direct address or bookmark from reading or hearing the URL; 23% from Search engines typing in the top 2 key word terms and 7% connected from links
*Rich Media doubleclick 2014
Facebook posts generated shares, comments, engagement and overall viral reach. One post in 2 days, was read by 22,000 people, with 142 shares, a brand record. Content about Special Events stimulated advance interest, especially by journalists. Their articles were shared increasing overall reach and pushing up the brand in search results. Most “Like”, “Shared” and “Commented” posts provided the brand with intelligence about the most popular content among the demographic.
Press Releases generated Feature Articles in important print and online channels for the destination: New York Magazine, The New York Times, The London Times, Newsday, Harper’s Bazaar, French Vogue, Atlantic Monthly and Saltwater Sportsman Magazine.